Thursday, November 3, 2022

calling me out

Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.

- Galatians 6:1 (NLT)

 

This is hard, it is one of the verses that just came out and slapped me right in the face.

Before we can call someone out for their sins, we must first find and understand our own inequities.

Ouch.

I can think of several times in my life that someone has called me out and my knee jerk reaction was to throw whatever I knew about their failures back in their face.

I can also think of times when I have called someone out not so gently.

We are called by God to lift each other in prayer and love, even when it hurts, especially when it hurts.

Next time you are caught in a sin (and I promise, we will all sin again, we are human – it happens whether we like it or not), try to understand that someone is trying to restore you, to set you back onto the right path.

In the same way, the next time you try to restore someone that is sinning, be gentle.

We don’t always recognize that what we have done is wrong, or when we are trying to help, we are actually causing more hurt.

Don’t be “the pot calling the kettle black”.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...