Monday, November 14, 2022

start spreading the news

The Word of the Lord has been spoken by you in the countries of Macedonia and Greece. People everywhere know of your faith in God without our telling them.

- 1 Thessalonians 1:8 (NLV)

 

Last week I wrote about how sometimes we might feel invisible, unseen, or unheard.

The response I got from that post was overwhelming and thank you for those of you who reached out, I really am OK.

In this time where social media is a priority to a lot of folks, we catch a glimpse of who people really are.

There are the political people that share every article about their favorite candidate (or more so now sharing the negative media of the candidates they don’t like).

Many are “copy and paste” people that repost the same “getting to know you” lists (be wary of the ones that ask things like mother’s maiden name or first pets, these are often security questions and there are scammers out there that search key words like that).

Also, we have the video posters, the ones that post links to you tube, reels and tik-tok.

Lest we forget the pet people who flood social media with pictures and memes of their pets (cats) eating, sleeping, sitting, walking, literally everything their pets do (me).

Finally, we have the meme and cartoon sharing people and the taggers, who see something that reminds them of someone, they share and tag on social media.

I might be guilty of everything but the political ones, if I see something cute, funny or heart touching I might repost it.  

What if for every picture, video, or meme we post we also post a Bible verse?

When you share the word of God it’s more than just words on the electronic device, you are sharing God with the world. 
When I post my “daily bread” on social media, I try to use catchy titles and pictures to get the attention of the people that don’t normally read my posts.

I think if I can bring them in with the first few words then they might stick around to read the whole post.

And just maybe if they do read, they might read the next one, then another and somewhere along the way they might get a glimpse of who God is.

People everywhere know my faith and even though I don’t have to tell them I will.

It’s what I do.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...