Wednesday, November 9, 2022

nobody knows the troubles I’ve seen

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

- 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 (NIV)

 

Every now and then I use a secular song as a song reference.

Sometimes, songs have different lyrics but the same overall tone, an example are the lyrics of this song as recorded by Louis Armstrong: 
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen

Nobody knows my sorrow

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen

Glory, Hallelujah

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen

Nobody knows but Jesus

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen

Glory, Hallelujah

Sometimes I'm up

Sometimes I'm down

Oh, yes, Lord

Sometimes I'm almost to the ground

Oh, yes, Lord

Oh, nobody knows the trouble I've seen

Nobody knows my sorrow

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen

Glory, Hallelujah

Oh, every day to you I pray

Oh, yes Lord

For you to drive my sins away

Oh, yes Lord

Oh, nobody knows the trouble I've seen

Nobody knows but Jesus

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen

(Glory) glory Hallelujah (hallelujah) (Lord)

You see that the traditional lyrics differ slightly:

Although you see me going 'long so

Oh, yes, Lord

I have my trials here below

Oh, yes, Lord

If you get there before I do

Oh, yes, Lord

Tell all-a my friends I'm coming to Heaven!

Oh, yes, Lord

For some slight entertainment, check Wikipedia’s In popular culture section to see how many times variations of this song have been used since 1944, a few references made me smile.

OK, back to reality.

Absolutely no one has a perfect life, no matter what they post on social media.

Life is full of ups and downs, success and failure, good days and bad and it can be very tough for all of us at some point.

We have to accept that not every minute of every day is going to be wonderful.

At this very moment I know people that are facing struggles of immense proportions.

In the process of living, we're going to face some very difficult circumstances and going to experience some awful pain.

But…

Our pain is temporary, and the things that cause our pain are temporary, even the treatments, the prescriptions, the therapies, the surgeries, the setbacks are all temporary.

All these things that we have seen and experienced are passing.

Rick Warren said, “To endure the unendurable, you must see the invisible – Jesus.”
I am not sure how I would get through each day if I didn’t have God.

No matter what you are going through, you are not alone.

No matter what you are facing, it is temporary.

Your present troubles will not last long, let them bring you closer to God.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...