Tuesday, November 22, 2022

it’s not just the turkey

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT)

 

I have recently learned that there are people in the United States who no longer celebrate Thanksgiving.

Honestly, I was floored by this concept – I had to google it to find out that it’s a real thing.

Suddenly we are a society that no longer learns from the past and would chose instead to erase it.

We can no longer read certain books, view certain historical landmarks, learn about how things were before the last 100 years because we might offend someone.

We have become a culture that walks on eggshells apologizing to people that were not there for doing things that we didn’t do hundreds of years ago.

I will not deny that there were mistakes made and that there were people that suffered greatly.

But it is not happening right now. 
To some, Thanksgiving is just a day on the calendar, to others it is the one time a year they get to see their families – it is not just about the turkey.

I’ve come to the realization that there are people that simply do not want others to be happy.

Be happy anyway.

The more thankful we are, the more we find to be thankful for. 
We can give thanks in all circumstances because we belong to Jesus. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...