Friday, November 18, 2022

my safe space

I asked the Lord for help, and He saved me from all my fears.

- Psalm 34:4 (CEV)

 

I have a confession to make.  

I am a control freak.

To the point that if I am in a situation that I cannot control I freak out in major ways.

Seriously, last week I was shopping (a task that I do not look forward to, but I needed stuff) and suddenly I find myself in the middle of a panic attack.

Normally at this point I would call my husband to talk me down, but since this is a regular occurrence for me, I needed to find a different resolution because he is not always in a position where he can help. 

I wanted to just leave my cart and run to my car but chose instead to go to the back of the store and seek refuge in the restroom.

Once I was safely locked in the stall I just started crying.

Obviously, I knew I could not stay there, so after a few minutes of uncontrollable sobbing, I started to pray.

Ya’all, He answered me.

I asked the Lord for help, and He saved me.

I’m not crazy, I did not hear voices telling me to leave the stall, but I felt a calming peace wash over me and I knew that I could finish my shopping and go about my day.

I did just that.

I left the safety of the stall, found my cart, and retrieved the rest of the items on my shopping list, went through the check out and got myself and my groceries safely to the car. 

When I got home, I shared with my husband that I made it through this most recent event and he told me that he knew I could, that he had confidence in me.

Wow.

God has that confidence in us too because He is the one that puts that confidence in us.

Call out, He will reassure and rescue you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...