Thursday, October 13, 2022

hang with the right crowd

Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces.

- Proverbs 13:20 (MSG)

 

I’ve said before that I am not really one for the Message translation of the Bible, but sometimes the point I am trying to get across is better accompanied by the Message translation.

Have you ever noticed that your reputation is based on the kind of people that you associate with on a regular basis?

When you spend your time with people that are not trustworthy or known for the bad decisions that they make, others start to assume that your character is along those same lines.

I remember in high school there were cliques and depending on where you fit in that is how other adults (teachers) and peers viewed you as a person.

I remember watching my kids choose their friends and praying that they would make the right choices, because the choices they made ended up shaping the adults they would become.

Another great verse is Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. (NIV)
Chose your friends wisely, it really does make a difference in how the world sees you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...