Monday, October 10, 2022

I love that

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.

- 1 John 2:15 (NIV)

 

Once I heard a preacher speak on this verse and her sermon really made sense.

She started by telling everyone how when her daughter was learning to make sentences and understand the meaning of different words.

The little girl looked at her parents and said “I love Mommy! I love Daddy!”.

As their mommy and daddy hearts were swelling with pride, she looked around and said, “I love ketchup!”.

The entire congregation laughed.

Think about how many times we say that we “love” something.

I love cats, motorcycles, books, music, tv shows, campfires, my husband and kids and I am sure that I say that I love random other things every day.

There is a conflict between the love of the Father and the love of the world.

We can get so caught up in our daily routines that we drift farther and deeper into a love affair with “things”.

When we listen to ourselves and realize how many things we “love”, our first response is to change some behaviors.

We might choose our words a little more carefully.

That is a start, but we also need to return to our first love, the One who first loved us.

When the love of the Father is in us, the love for the world loses its grip on us.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...