Tuesday, October 11, 2022

I’m really smart

For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.

- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)

 

Children are so much smarter than their parents, especially teenagers, wouldn’t you agree?

At least I know for sure that I was smarter than my parents and my kids always knew so much more than I did back then.

As I got older, I realized that I didn’t know as much as I thought I did.

My kids have even uttered those horrible words “you were right, mom”.

As children of God, we need to recognize that we don’t really know as much as we think we do.

I wonder how Adam and Eve felt, admitting that they were wrong and realizing that the tree of knowledge did more harm than good.

The Message translation of this verse says, “The more you know, the more you hurt”.

Most of the mistakes we make in life are a result of our false belief that we know better than someone else.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...