Thursday, July 28, 2022

friends like that

One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

- Proverbs 18:24 (NIV)

 

There is a saying “with friends like that, who needs enemies”.

I think that it refers to people who were once considered friends that have done something we consider unforgivable, and we terminate the friendship.

I have had friends like that.

Or people that take advantage of us in every way imaginable and some unimaginable.

I have had friends like that too.

People that call themselves our friends yet cause us grief and hardship, that constantly disappoint us, those “friendships” are toxic.

We should avoid associating with those toxic people, no matter how appealing their “friendship” seems to be.

These are "friends" that seem to always find misery in every situation, that find wrong in every person, that feel they have the right to judge others.

I have a lot of friends on social media, some have been in my life for many years, some for mere months. 

It doesn't matter how long we have known each other, if you are in my circle, I will do anything I can to help you when you are need.

I am so blessed because I have friends that feel the same about me.

There are a select few friends that I would quite literally lay down my life if they needed me to do that for them.

God speaks many times in the Bible about friendship and companionship, even in the beginning in the book of Genesis, God felt that man should not be alone.

Friendship is discussed in the books of Genesis, Amos, John, Proverbs, Samuel, and Romans just to mention a few. 

I guess, in my humble opinion, that if God mentions it so many times in the Bible it must be important to Him.

Friends come and go during our walk of life. 

Human beings were created to be social creatures, meaning that we are most comfortable when we have family, friends, and acquaintances.

Friendship is an important element in a fulfilled, contented life, and those who have close friends, whether one or two or a multitude, will usually be happy and well-adjusted.

If you ever wonder about someone, ask yourself “are we friends, or am I just a convenience?”

Sometimes we need to weed our own gardens.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...