Wednesday, July 20, 2022

it’s scary out there

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

- Psalm 56:3 (NIV)

 

There are a few things that truly terrify me.

Spiders. Storms. Breaking bones. Being alone. Ruining relationships. Wrecking my motorcycle.

Those are just a few of my fears, not necessarily in that order either.

I try to be brave.

I’ve killed multiple spiders (don’t try to talk me out of it), I’ve survived many storms and a few broken bones.

But no matter how brave I try to be, there are some things that I just can’t get through.

David tells us in this psalm that no matter what we are afraid of, we can give our situation to God and ask Him to take away our fear. 

We aren’t necessarily asking God to change the situation but asking Him to change our response to it.

There are still very scary things out there, but when we erase our worry and fear and replace it with trust, we get through the situations a little less stressed.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

wise words

People should listen to the quiet words of those who are wise. That’s better than paying attention to the shouts of a ruler of foolish peopl...