Thursday, July 7, 2022

all good things come to an end

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

- Matthew 24:35

 

I returned home Sunday from what was supposed to be an epic motorcycle ride with my husband.

It was an epic fail - July in Oklahoma and Texas is super hot, ya’all, I didn’t make it as far as Arizona like I had planned.

Seems like I don’t react well to the heat, because not even 500 miles in I started feeling myself dehydrating and the beginning of heat exhaustion, even though I was drinking a LOT of water, the heat was just pulling it right back out of me. 

My husband made the decision that it was no longer safe for me to ride and we stopped.

I tried to convince him to let me rest and we could continue our journey, that once I got into the cooler air of the mountains I would recover, but then we looked at the forecast for our route home and it was about five degrees hotter. 

That was the end of my epic motorcycle trip.

All good things come to an end, right? 

We have heard those words since we were little, all good things must come to an end.

Maybe we utter those words to help us overcome some disappointment.

One thing will never disappoint, will never come to an end, that is the word of God.

While I am heartbroken that I disappointed myself and my husband, and that I didn’t finish something that I started and very much wanted to finish, I know that we did the right thing by turning back. 
God promises that He will keep His word, no matter what happens as we walk through this life.

The weather may not cooperate, but God will always place us where He wants us.

Count on it.   

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...