Monday, July 4, 2022

we have freedom

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

- 2 Corinthians 3:17

 

It’s Independence Day in the United States!

This is one of my favorite holidays because it is in the summer, there is no obligation to buy gifts for people, you just get to hang out, eat food, play in the water, and watch the sky light up with fireworks. 

But there is more to it than that, I grew up in a military family, so there was always a somber moment, remembering the lives that were lost for our freedom.

Still, there is more to it than that because we are living in the land of the free and the home of the brave, we do not have to fear the oppression that some Christ followers do, where merely owning a Bible can get you thrown in jail (yes, that still happens!!!).

I hope that sometime during the picnics, swimming, boating, and fireworks that we stop to remember what true freedom is, the freedom that we find in surrendering our lives to Christ Jesus, because of His sacrifice we are truly free.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...