Monday, July 18, 2022

finding strength

Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always.

- 1 Chronicles 16:11 (NIV)

 

Some anniversaries are wonderful celebrations, the anniversary of your marriage, a work anniversary, an anniversary of a sobriety date.

Others are a bit more somber, the anniversary of the death of a loved one or the day that something terrible happened.

I have a friend who dislikes the month of July because it reminds her of a lot of loss that she has experienced.

My mother was certain that only bad things could happen on the 18th of the month after my brother died on June 18th
It is hard to stay strong when you are feeling defeated for whatever reason. 

We were on our way home from an overnight trip this weekend and we passed a convoy of military trucks, there were so many and based on the timeframe, we are assuming that it was the National Guard returning from their two weeks annual training. 
I suddenly found myself in tears because I remembered getting so mad at my brother because he was always gone on my birthday, like there was anything that he could have done to change those dates.

When sad memories bring us to our knees we need to look up, seek God and let His peace fill us.

I mean, we are already on our knees, we might as well pray.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...