Wednesday, July 27, 2022

concentrate

“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” Jesus said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water, and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

- Matthew 14:28-30 (NIV)

 

I totally copied this from someone else, but it rings true:

When you can’t change your circumstances, change your concentration.

Peter walked on water until his concentration broke.

Once he took his eyes off Jesus and saw the wind and the waves, he began to sink.

Likewise, if you concentrate on your circumstances, your soul will sink. 

But if you can concentrate on the Creator, fixing your eyes on Jesus and all that you have to be grateful for, you can rise above any situation.

Whoa.

Pretty powerful, yes?

I find myself getting annoyed at the people who are always posting “woe is me” stuff on social media, if you don’t like something, change it!!!

Then something happens and I start to sink (usually though, I don’t put it out there for public review).

While I am struggling for air and trying to regain my footing, I realize that I lost my focus.

We all have the right to a reset or reboot so we can regain our perspective, especially when we are going through difficult times.

Even when we feel like our circumstances are out of our control and cannot be changed, shifting our sight to the One who can save us often makes the horrible much more bearable.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...