Tuesday, June 21, 2022

for what it’s worth

What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?

- Mark 8:36 (NIV)

 

I guess that it has been a while since I have done a song reference, so let’s go ahead and do one today. πŸ˜Š

It’s just a couple of snippets though, because I need to write this. πŸ˜Š

Father God, I am clay in your hands
Help me to stay that way through all life's demands
'Cause they chip and they nag and they pull at me
And every little thing I make up my mind to be
Like I'm gonna be a daddy who's in the mix
And I'm gonna be a husband who stays legit
And I pray that I'm an artist who rises above
The road that is wide and filled with self-love
Everything that I see draws me
Though it's only in You that I can truly see
That its a feast for the eyes - a low blow to purpose
And I'm a little kid at a three ring circus

. . .

I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul
Don't wanna walk away (I like this!) let me hear the people say
I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul
Don't wanna walk away let me hear the people say
Don't wanna walk away, walk away, walk away

How many times have you tried to make a deal with God, like “God, if you do this for me than I promise I will . . . “

And how many times has God said “ok” and given you what you want?

There are so many movies, TV shows and music out there about making a deal with the devil. 
The Devil went Down to Georgia is the first one that comes to my mind, and with the exception of Johnny winning the gold fiddle, most of these movies, TV Shows and songs don’t end well for the human that is making the deal.

There are a lot of things that I would really like to have, see or do.

But I don’t like any of those things enough to be willing to give up my family or friends and spend eternity with evil.

It’s not worth it.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...