Monday, June 27, 2022

listen

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

- Romans 10:14

 

What is something that you really love?

Those who know me will say that I really love cats and you know, they aren’t wrong.

So now I want you to picture a world where no one knows what a cat is.

Those of us who are cat lovers would have a huge void in our lives, no purrs or mews or demands for attention.

Would we know that there was a void though if we didn’t believe in cats?

What if someone told you that there is such a thing as a cat, but you did not believe them?

What if you were told that having a cat would fill a hole in your heart, bring you happiness and joy?

How would you know of this thing called a cat if no one had told you?

Now re-read my words and replace “cat” with “Jesus”. 
Over the years I have been asked why I started my “daily bread” blog. 

There have been many moments when I wonder why I continue to write.

Who would miss it if I didn’t send the emails, the Facebook posts, the text messages?

Many times I have been told that the verse I chose was spot on for someone that day.

But what if I didn’t share? 

What if someone who needed to hear the word that day didn’t?

I don’t want to be the reason that someone didn’t have a chance to know God.

I guess I will keep sharing.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...