Wednesday, June 8, 2022

don’t go alone

But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.”

- Ruth 1:16-17

 

I’m going to piggyback off my commentary from yesterday with today’s verse.

After Naomi lost her husband and both of her sons, she encouraged her daughters-in-law to return to the homes of their mothers and fathers knowing that as a widow she would not be able to provide them with husbands to secure their future. 

Ruth refused to leave Naomi because of the great love the two women shared.

Yesterday I talked about people that come into our lives for a season, a reason or a lifetime and I think that Ruth knew that Naomi was her “lifetime”.

I have known a lot of people that are raised in one faith then when they get married, they follow the faith of their spouse.

Some faiths aren’t really all that different, but some are worlds apart in the things they believe and practice.

Tell me, would you give up everything that you had ever known if you were asked?

What if the person that was asking is Jesus?

He did that too, you know, He told people to put down their nets and follow Him, He told people to sell all their possessions and follow Him.

Naomi did not have to go alone, she had Ruth.

Jesus had His followers.

You don’t have to go alone either – you have Jesus.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...