Thursday, June 9, 2022

trust

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that He considered me trustworthy, appointing me to His service.

- 1 Timothy 1:12

 

I have had a lot of jobs since I started working.

I’ve been a waitress, a cook, a bartender, a nurse’s aide, a first responder, a receptionist, a customer service representative, a greeter, a teacher, an administrative assistant, coordinator, facilitator, and a whole lot of other titles over 38 years. 

I think the one I appreciate most though is “servant leader”.

People often say that they don’t have the skills to serve God and that is simply not the truth, Mark Batterson said “God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called.”

Moses had a speech impediment; do you think he thought he could lead hundreds of people out of slavery?

Jacob was a liar, Noah was a drunk, Samson was immoral, and it wasn’t just the guys back then, Rahab was a prostitute!

But God (there it is, “but God”) God saw something worthy in all these people.

He trusted them to do great things because He didn’t see them as flawed people but as the people they would become.

We all have struggles but if we take our struggles and learn from them, we can be appointed to service. 
We might think we are too broken but if you read through the Bible, you will see that God loves broken people, and when they go to Him, He changes them.
Greg Laurie said, “we see a broken life, but He sees a life put back together and used for His glory.” 
Thank You Jesus, for giving me the strength to be trustworthy, even if I don’t know it yet.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...