Tuesday, June 28, 2022

there are rules

Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

- Leviticus 19:18

 

There is a lot of anger and hate being spread in the world today.

Social media takes any fact and construes it until it is twisted in a way that is far beyond what the original issue was.

And then the hatred begins.

Family turning their backs against family, friendships destroyed over a difference of opinion.

People seeking revenge against others for words.

People taking action that is not theirs to take.

We humans always seem to think that we know better, don’t we?

Many humans set off with a knee-jerk reaction and to heck with the consequences.

Stop.

Remember to count to ten (slowly) before we react, and think about these things: is it kind? Is it helpful?

Lysa TerKeurst said in her book Unglued “If I knew this conversation was being videotaped and then shown to people I greatly respect, how would this change my reaction?"

Perhaps we should think about that before we react with revenge in our hearts.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...