Friday, June 3, 2022

troubles

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.

- John 14:1 (NIV)

 

Here we are three days into the sixth month of 2022.

Have things changed?

No, they really haven’t – if anything things have gotten a little worse here on Earth.

This century has thus far been full of absolute craziness.

We have watched helplessly as attacks on America took place, the U.S. sent hundreds of thousands of men and women into battle.

We watched in horror as disasters unfolded such as fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, flooding.

We were isolated as a virus literally took over the world.

And now we are seeing hardships like nothing we have experienced before with skyrocketing prices, shortages of critical products, unemployment, violence and so much more.

It’s hard to watch the news or read the papers because there seems to be nothing good left in the world.

Look up. (Yes, that is indeed a song reference)

Where are You now

When darkness seems to win?

Where are You now

When the world is crumbling?

Oh I, I-I-I, I hear You say

I hear You say

Look up child, ayy

Look up child, ayy

Where are You now (where are You?)

When all I feel is doubt?

Oh, where are You now

When I can't figure it out?

Oh I, I-I-I, I hear You say

I hear You say

Look up child, ayy

Look up child, ayy

Look up child, ayy

Look up child, ayy

Look up

You're not threatened by the war

You're not shaken by the storm

I know You're in control

Even in our suffering

Even when it can't be seen

I know You're in control

Oh I, I-I-I, I hear You say

I hear You say

Look up child, ayy

Look up child, ayy

. . .

Look up 
Don’t stop believing (yeah, I’m not going to do that song reference). 

We must continue to pray, to praise and to follow the word of God.

We trust Him to do what is right, we believe that things will get better, we have faith in our Father.

It’s hard to see the sunshine through all the rain (that’s a song reference too) but it is there.

And so is God.

Believe.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...