Monday, November 2, 2020

enough

My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. Israel, put your hope in the Lord both now and forevermore.

- Psalm 131:1-3

 

Every November I see people posting on social media about their 30 days of thankfulness.

They choose one thing everyday for which they are thankful.

It’s pretty cool, but should we limit ourselves to 30 days?

Ann Voskamp published a book titled “One Thousand Gifts”, where she talks about how we can find joy in the midst of trouble.

It’s a really good book, one I encourage you to read.

We need to center our hearts on thankfulness and gratitude, not only in November, but all the time.

My pastor (he is very wise) is preaching the next few weeks on living thankfully, i will likely take some of his words and share them because quite often, I find he is right!

It’s more than being thankful, you see, we will never be thankful if we can’t be content, a content mind precedes a thankful heart.

Let’s focus on being content with what we have instead of merely thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...