Wednesday, November 18, 2020

joy

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while.

You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him now, you trust Him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy.

- 1 Peter 1:6-8 (NLT)

 

We are getting close to Christmas, ya’all!

Next week, I will start listening to the Christmas music that I love so well.

One of my favorites is Chris Tomlin’s version of Joy To The World because he added a great chorus in there.

Joy, unspeakable joy

An overflowing well,

No tongue can tell

Joy, unspeakable joy

Rises in my soul

Never lets me go

It is hard to explain to a non-believer how we can love and trust a God that we cannot see.

The overflowing joy in my heart, when I think of everything that God has done for me, how can I not trust Him?

The love and comfort that I feel when I give myself fully to Him, that is worth every trial.

I know I am not alone, even when I can’t see Him, He is there.

And that keeps my joy overflowing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...