Monday, November 30, 2020

come back

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

- Colossians 3:16

 

I like this verse, because it makes me feel like I am doing the right thing, sharing His word and finding all the song references!

This verse specifically led me to the song Freedom by Jesus Culture – here is a snippet of the lyrics:

Step out of the shadows, step out of the grave

Break into the wild and don't be afraid

Run into wide open spaces, grace is waiting for you

Dance like the weight has been lifted, grace is waiting

Where the Spirit of the Lord is

There is freedom, there is freedom

Where the Spirit of the Lord is

There is freedom, there is freedom

Come out of the dark just as you are

Into the fullness of His love

For the Spirit is here, let there be freedom

Let there be freedom

Bring all of your burdens, bring all of your scars

Come back to communion, come back to the start

Run into wide open spaces, grace is waiting for you

Dance like the weight has been lifted, grace is waiting

Where the Spirit of the Lord is

There is freedom, there is freedom

Where the Spirit of the Lord is

There is freedom, there is freedom

I have had many people ask me things like what do I get out of “relationship” with God, or what can religion do for them, and my all time favorite, how can my God help them?

My response is come! 

If you’ve never been to church, come!

If you have not been to church in a long time, come back!

Friends, there is true freedom in knowing God, He loves you so much, and He will never stop loving you or pursuing you. 

He gave you a Book, that tells you how much He loves you, yeah it is a big book, and kind of intimidating if you don’t like to read, so come, let me introduce you to Amazing Grace! 

Oh, that is another song!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...