Thursday, November 5, 2020

a secret

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

- Philippians 4:11-13

 

Do you want to know a secret?

You can be happy.

You can be content.

Of course we can have dreams and aspirations, but it is important not to let go of the here and now.

Everything you have was given to you by God.

He loves you so much that He gave you the greatest gift of all – eternal life through His Son Jesus.

There were times when I was younger that I wondered where my next meal was coming from, or how I would get to work the next day.

There were times when I didn’t know if the check was going to clear or my power was going to be shut off.

Those were the times that I cried out to God to give me strength to carry on.

And He always gave me what I needed.

Even when it was cold and dark, I had a warm light in my soul, because God made sure I had enough.

Contentment gives us the satisfaction, knowing that God will continue to care for us.

It’s not a secret anymore, God will provide for your every need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...