Tuesday, November 3, 2020

vote

Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone. 

- Titus 3:1-2

 

I don’t normally post political things in my social media, and I especially don’t talk about politics in my daily verses and thoughts.

But today is election day, our country is voting today to keep the current leader or send someone else to fill the very important role of President of the United States of America.

I took this verse from Titus, because it has some important words.

Regardless of who wins this election, that person will be leading the country for the next 4 years, whether we like it or not.

My brother, who was in the Army until the day he died used to get quite upset with our mother when she would complain about the president, telling her “I know you don’t like him but he is still my boss.” 

So please friends, no matter what the outcome of today’s election is, remember that whoever wins is still human, is still a child of God, just like you and me, and I ask you to be peaceful and considerate, and always be gentle. 

Politics should not divide families.

Do good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...