Tuesday, November 10, 2020

the gate

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

- Matthew 7:13-14

 

According to scripture, our paths are pre-determined by God, He knows the plans He has for us, but we still have free will.

On our journey we are given many choices, it is up to us to pray and discern where God wants us at that moment.

One thing is certain, in this journey we will face many choices, and the easy way is not necessarily the right way.

Look back on your life for a moment, think about the choices that you have made, how they changed you.

If I would have left home right after high school to attend a college in another town, perhaps I would have a big degree behind my name and live in a different city and have a different circle of friends. 

But the choices I made led me here instead, with an amazing husband, incredible in-laws, great kids, a cozy home and a wonderful church family.

At this point, looking back I think that I chose the narrow gate, and I am so very glad that I did.

Where is your journey leading you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...