Thursday, May 7, 2020

National Day of Prayer


For we live by faith, not by sight.
- 2 Corinthians 5:7

According to my calendar, today is the National Day of Prayer.
The definition of prayer is a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God.
When we pray, we are putting our faith in God that He will hear our prayers.
I truly believe in the power of prayer, I have seen it work, even recently in the lives of people that I care about.
Today, I ask you to live by faith, and pray for our country as we start to open back up that no more lives are lost to this virus.
Pray for the leadership of the country that the decisions that are made are right for each city and state.
Pray for the essential workers, the ones that continued to work in public every day, risking their own health and the health of their families, regardless of if they are doctors, nurses, emergency responders, truck drivers and even the factory workers and security that never stopped to ensure we had critical care and supplies.
Pray for the families that have lost loved ones, and have not been able to mourn with family and friends due to social distancing.
Pray without ceasing, and let your faith carry your prayers to the Father.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...