Friday, May 22, 2020

Grief


Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.
- Psalm 119:50

This weekend is Memorial Day weekend.
Officially, Memorial Day is an American holiday that is observed on the last Monday of May.
It was originally set up to honor the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military, but a lot of folks celebrate in other ways.
My grandmother and mother always called it “Decoration Day” and that was the day we would visit all the cemeteries, putting flowers and flags on all the graves, my brother and I would walk the old cemeteries and try to find the oldest headstone, then go to the library to research the people, the year and other stuff (that was before the internet!!).
Memorial day is kind of hard for some, especially those facing a recent loss.
Loss and grief fades as time passes, life goes on and we learn to deal with our grief in different ways.
There are many emotions to work through and we never forget those that we loved.
God promises that He will comfort us while we grieve, in Him we have hope, His strength will help us to overcome the pain in time.
The joy in your life will return, God promised.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...