Monday, May 4, 2020

May the Force be with you


But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3

Well, I had to find a Bible verse for today, being May 4th and Star Wars day (May the 4th be with you).
I found this one, about how the Lord will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 
What if, the Force is God and the empire is the evil one!
There are many articles about the parallels between Star Wars and Christianity, some even published on church websites (UMC and Catholic Exchange, just google it).
The articles speak a lot about re-birth, sacrifice and redemption and about how even corrupt characters can find forgiveness.
Perhaps I am grasping at straws here, but if we look around, we can find many ways in which God’s message finds its way into our daily lives.
Hopefully we can always see the rebirth of creation, and let the Holy Spirit be the force that guides us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...