Friday, May 8, 2020

gray hair


Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life.
- Proverbs 16:31

Two days ago the state of Arkansas allowed hair and nail salons, barbershops, massage parlors and tattoo studios to reopen under major restrictions.
I am definitely one that has missed my hairdresser (she is a friend as well as an amazing stylist) and getting my toes done every couple of weeks.
The last time I saw my hairdresser was February 3rd, so I am sporting a LOT of gray in my hair, which my children do not hesitate to point out, reminding me of a cute joke I saw on the internet:
One day, a little girl is sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly notices that her mother has several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head.
She looks at her mother and inquisitively asks, "Why are some of your hairs white, Mom?"
Her mother replied, "Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white." The little girl thought about this revelation for a while, and then said, "So, Momma, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?"
So maybe that momma was trying to make her little girl better behaved, and maybe my gray isn’t caused by my kids, but I kind of like the idea that it is a crown of glory.
We all know that everyone will likely go gray (or bald!) as we age, I just hope that my grays are from godly living.
(and I might still cover mine when I see my hairdresser in a few weeks ðŸ˜Š )  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...