Wednesday, May 20, 2020

I get knocked down

Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.
- James 4:8 (NLT)

You might be wondering where I came up with that quote for this verse, especially since the actual song reference has a drinking theme.
Take a look at The Message translation of this verse: So let God work His will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and He’ll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it’s the only way you’ll get on your feet.
It is the only way you’ll get on your feet.
I have been pretty far down in my life, and it has been my faith in God that has kept me going.
God gave me an amazing husband for this crazy life, and God has put me in the right places to do His work.
No matter what happens, I know that I can turn to God, and He will pick me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...