Wednesday, March 13, 2019

not alone


No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13

We have all heard the old expression “He won’t take you to it if He can’t get you through it”.
I call bull!
We all have trials – every single one of us.
It is not all God “making this happen”.
I was talking with a friend last week and she said “God doesn’t ‘let’ bad things happen, but I do believe that he will use the bad things to help mold us into what he knows we can be and be better equipped to do his work.  I saw one of those coffee cup phrases a while back that really resonated with me;  ‘We’re all broken, that’s how the light gets in!’”
I love that.
I know that I am a little broken.
This verse reminds us that we can handle everything that comes our way – that God will give us a way out.
That expression that I started with – let’s re-write it.
“God won’t make us go through anything alone.”
Have a blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...