Monday, March 18, 2019

it's encouraging


But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
- Hebrews 3:13

I have been writing these “daily bread” messages for several years now, I can find emails that I shared from 2010, and my blog has been going since May 2016.
I have been asked why I do it.
My initial response is because I want to share the Word of God, but I think that there is an underlying reason too.
Reading the Word of God every day has not only brought me closer to Him, but it helps me overcome the craziness of daily life.
Many times I have used Google to find what the Bible says about certain topics - from anger to zealousness (yes, from a to z) there is something in the Bible about it.
For the longest time, I only turned to the Bible when I was in need, when I was sad or angry, lost or confused.
In the last several years, I have learned that there is more to the Bible than how to deal with my emotions.
The Bible tells us to encourage each other daily, hence, the name of my blog and emails, daily bread.
Do you want to freak out the devil?  Pick up your Bible every day!
Encouraging each other is important, having someone to share the stuff that happens in life, that is important too.
I hope that if you are reading this, you find encouragement.
Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Definitely needed this and today's post about encouragement! Love that I found this AT WORK!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...