Friday, March 1, 2019

i am scared


When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise—
in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
- Psalm 56:3-4

There are a lot of scary things out there.
The small group that I co-lead is doing a study on grief, and the topic last week was fear.
The dictionary defines fear as a noun and a verb, the noun is “an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.”
The verb is “be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening.”
Fear is very real, rather it is a noun or a verb in your life.
Fears can manifest over time or they can come suddenly.
One more song reference this week, because we all need this one:
Fear, you don't own me
There ain't no room in this story
And I ain't got time for you
Telling me what I'm not
Like you know me well guess what?
I know who I am
I know I'm strong
And I am free
Got my own identity
So fear, you will never be welcome here
Just a snippet of the song today – but I encourage you to google it and hear the song in its entirety – it is “The BreakUp Song” by Francesca Battistelli.
Don’t let fear own you. (I need to listen to my own words here!)
Trust in God.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...