Tuesday, March 12, 2019

invisible


Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,  for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:8-9

How many times has our faith been questioned because we cannot “see” God?
How many stories have we heard of people challenging us to prove that God’s not dead, that Heaven is real, that miracles still happen today?
I think that my favorite is that of a college professor, trying to convince his class that God is not real by issuing a challenge to God:
Marine Proves there is a God
A college professor, an avowed atheist and active in the A.C.L.U. was teaching his class. He shocked several of his students when he flatly stated that once and for all he was going to prove that there was no God.
Addressing the ceiling he shouted: "GOD, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes!!!!!"
The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by. "I'm waiting God, if you're real, knock me off this platform!!!!"
Again after 4 minutes, the professor taunted God saying, "Here I am, God!!! I'm still waiting!!!"
His count down got down to the last couple of minutes when a Marine, who was just released from the Marines after serving in Afghanistan and Iraq and newly registered in the class, walked up to the Professor. The Marine hit him full force in the face! This sent the Professor tumbling from his lofty platform. The Professor was out cold.
The students were stunned and shocked. They began to babble in confusion. The Marine nonchalantly took his seat in the front row and sat in silence. The class looked at him and fell silent also.....Waiting.
Eventually, the professor came to and was noticeably shaken. He looked at the Marine in the front row. When the professor regained his senses and could speak he asked, "What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"
"God was really busy protecting America's soldiers, who are protecting your right to say stupid sh** and act like an a**hole. So he sent me."
We can’t just go out and sucker punch everyone that denies God or questions our faith in Him (although I admit, there are a few that I would like to punch!).
But here is what we can do – hold fast to our faith – don’t let others tear us down.
Keep sharing the Gospel – we don’t know when something we say might be that spark that starts a flame burning in someone’s heart and leads them to God.
Don’t pressure them, threaten them or stop being their friend, honestly, don’t even try to change their mind, but instead, live as an example, let them see Christ in you.
Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...