Thursday, March 14, 2019

3.14 (pi day!)


Nebuchadnezzar said to them, “Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the image of gold I have set up? 
- Daniel 3:14

Happy Pi day!
According to my friends on the interwebs:
Pi Day is celebrated on March 14th (3/14) around the world. Pi (Greek letter “π”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159. Pi Day is an annual opportunity for math enthusiasts to recite the infinite digits of Pi, talk to their friends about math, and to eat Pie.
Since it is Pi day, I figured I would use a Pi verse.
It is no accident that I chose Daniel 3:14, because in addition to Pi, I also love chocolate and there is a whole Veggie Tales episode on chocolate that includes Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego – Rack, Shack & Benny!!!
All kidding and fun aside, King Nebuchadnezzar was very upset when the three guys refused to worship his gods and idols.
So upset in fact, that he threw them into the fire.
We are often thrown into the fire because of our beliefs, society today wants us to praise actors, musicians, leaders, technology everything BUT God.
Don’t fall for it.
Stand up for what you believe in,  
You can still go have some pie, just make sure you are giving glory to God, not the pie.
Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! This is awesome!! My daughter and I were just talking about 'THE BUNNY' from that episode! We LOVE Veggie Tales, even though they are not in our regular playlist anymore since my kids are now 15-24!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! that was the worst thing about our kiddos growing up, is we don't get all the new releases of Veggie Tales anymore! I sure miss them!

      Delete

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...