Tuesday, October 31, 2023

you’re invited

Jesus heard about it and spoke up, “Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? I’m here inviting outsiders, not insiders—an invitation to a changed life, changed inside and out.”

- Luke 5:32 (MSG)

 

I’m not usually a “Message translation” kind of person.
I looked up how the Message translation came about and was interested to find that it was written between 1993 to 2002 as a desire of the author to engage his congregation in the Word of God in a way that would make its relevancy obvious in their lives, (Christian Book Distributors)  combining the authority of God’s Word with the cadence and energy of conversational English.  (NavPress).
I mean, that seems pretty normal, right? 
How many novels have been translated from French to English (Les Misérables), how many songs have been translated from German to English (Silent Night)?  
People say that everything loses something in translation and sometimes they are right.
People say that different translations of the Bible are sprinkled with human opinion instead of being the true word of God.

Here is an invitation for you: read any translation of the Bible – you pick the translation – and when you finish, tell me that your life is not changed.
Jesus didn’t come to visit the healthy, He came to heal the sick.

Jesus came to redeem the enslaved, find the lost, mend the broken, and reclaim the sinner.

Your soul will thank you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...