Friday, October 27, 2023

what to wear

Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing.

- Luke 12:23 (NKJV)

 

It’s Halloween weekend, some of my readers are going to stop right there because they don’t “celebrate” Halloween.
I understand. 

For many, Halloween is a pagan celebration filled with evil.
Did you know that Halloween was originally known as Samhain, an ancient festival created by the Celts in Northern Europe, and translated in modern Irish, “Samhain” means “summer’s end”.
Throughout the centuries, different cultures adopted various elements of Samhain, including sacrifice, costumes, and celebrating the lives of the dead.
Hang on, we celebrate the lives of the dead on Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day, and a handful of other holidays.
I guess what I am trying to say, is that no matter how you dress it, the body is more than clothing.
We are trying so hard to be a culture of acceptance, but we forgot that we were first accepted by God.

Perhaps I chose the wrong verse or perhaps I am interpreting it wrong (that has happened, I am not above admitting that I am wrong).
But when we look beyond what we are wearing and understand that underneath the layers we are all children of God, and He loves us enough to tell us multiple times that it doesn’t matter how rich we are, how much we have, or how we dress.
What matters is that we put Him first, we live according to scripture, and we tell others about Him.

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...