Tuesday, October 17, 2023

all the noise

I may be able to speak the languages of men and even of angels, but if I do not have love, it will sound like noisy brass.

- 1 Corinthians 13:1 (NLV)

 

As I have become older, I am a lot more sensitive to noise than when I was younger.
Concerts are loud, one comes to accept that, but when you are in an office or a store or anywhere in public the loudness can be overwhelming.

Listening to others speak can open our eyes in ways that we couldn’t imagine, are they speaking from a place of love, or do they have anger and hate in their heart?
I find it interesting to listen to politicians, you can tell the ones that are reading a pre-scripted speech from the ones who are passionate about the topic on which they are speaking.
Sometimes I overhear parents talking to, yelling at, or disciplining their children in the store, you can tell when a momma is at the end of her rope but still loves her children dearly, and you can tell when the parents see their children as an obligation.
And the children can tell too. 
When you speak, are your words coming from a place of love, or are you just making a loud noise?
 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...