Monday, October 23, 2023

it’s all good

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.

- Romans 5:3-4 (NLT)

 

It’s all good.

We hear that a lot, don’t we?

I do want to point out the New King James version of this same verse: And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
I like the New Living translation for the “problems and trials” but “perseverance” is huge, and it is not a synonym for “endurance”.

OK – back to the verse.
It is all good. 
We really go through some craziness in this life, but somehow, it all works out, we keep going.
Everything we go through that threatens to take us down, God is going to work something good out of it.
No, I don’t always understand it. 
What “good” can come out of someone dying? 
What “good” can come out of losing a job, a home, a marriage? 
I don’t have the answer, but I do know that if we hang in there and trust God, we will find out.
And as we hang in there, we learn things like patience, character, and above all, hope.
Without hope, we have nothing.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...