Tuesday, April 4, 2023

don’t be judgey

But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.

- Romans 14:10-12 (NKJV)

 

It’s probably wildly inappropriate but when I think about judging others, I can’t help thinking of the first few lines of the 1992 rap song “Baby Got Back”. 
I’m not quoting it here so don’t wait for it. 
I’m not sure if the girls in the song were jealous or if they were making fun of the other girl, but either way showing contempt or judgment of someone else is a bad idea. 
We need to look at our own lives and actions before we start critiquing others. 
Spend time examining our life to see what will pass God’s judgment on that final day.

We know what is good and bad, we know how to measure our actions to determine if they are productive or not.

Just out of curiosity, would your day change if you knew that you would be giving an account to God at the end of the day?

Would that knowledge change the way you work or spend time with your family?

Remember that we live for an audience of One, and God’s opinion is the only one that ultimately matters in the end.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...