Thursday, April 20, 2023

just for you

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

- Romans 15:13 (NLT)

 

Hope, joy, and peace.

Sometimes it feels like these things are unobtainable.  

Hope is the confident expectation that God has promised us strength in Him, that if we are faithful, He will provide for our needs.

Hope fills us excitement, knowing there is a future for us.

I can honestly say that I haven’t always been filled with hope, joy, and peace, there has been a lot of dark times that lingered for years.
Hope got me through, believing in the Father and believing that good things would come, even when I couldn’t see the light because of the darkness.

We all have rough times that we face, we all feel overwhelmed at the depth of despair we are experiencing in the moment. 
But that is all it is, a moment. 
Unfortunately, that moment may last for years, but you will overcome. 
Casting Crowns has a song called “Prayer For A Friend”, I cried my eyes out the first time I heard it: 
Lord, I lift my friend to You, I've done all that I know to do

I lift my friend to You

Complicated circumstances have clouded his view

Lord, I lift my friend up to You

I fear that I won't have the words that he needs to hear

I pray for Your wisdom, oh God, and a heart that's sincere

Lord, I lift my friend up to You

Lord, I lift my friend to You

My best friend in the world, I know he means much more to You

I want so much to help him, but this is something he has to do

And Lord, I lift my friend up to You

'Cause there's a way that seems so right to him

But You know where that leads

He's becoming a puppet of the world, too blind to see the strings

Lord, I lift my friend up to You

My friend up to You

Lord, I lift my friend to You, I've done all that I know to do

I lift my friend to You
This is my prayer for you, that you will be able to seek hope, joy, and peace in the Father. 
Trust Him. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...