Friday, April 21, 2023

come to my rescue

See, God has come to rescue me; I will trust in Him and not be afraid, For the Eternal, indeed, the Eternal is my strength and my song. My very own God has rescued me.

- Isaiah 12:2 (VOICE)

 

I don’t even know where to begin today. 
Anyone that has read my “daily bread” for a while knows that I write from my heart. 
In my writing I shamelessly expose who I am, the things I stand for and what I believe. 
I don’t gloss over the truth; I don’t try and hide the hurt. 
There are days I feel silly, and it shows in my writing. 
Yet other times the pain is overwhelming, and I need someone to tell me that everything will be ok. 
There are days that I need to be rescued. 
In 2018 Lauren Daigle released the song “Rescue”, the lyrics say so much: 
You are not hidden

There's never been a moment

You were forgotten

You are not hopeless

Though you have been broken

Your innocence stolen

I hear you whisper underneath your breath

I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

There is no distance

That cannot be covered

Over and over

You're not defenseless

I'll be your shelter

I'll be your armor

I hear you whisper underneath your breath

I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

I will never stop marching to reach you

In the middle of the hardest fight

It's true, I will rescue you
We can’t hide from God, nor does He ignore us.

In our desperation He is there, He will never stop fighting for us (that is another song though) 
There is a lot of hurt in the world, but we don’t have to give in to the pain, we have someone that will rescue us. 
We all have days where we need to be rescued. 

Don’t go alone, call me, I will walk with you.  

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...