Wednesday, April 12, 2023

this is us

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. 

- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12a (NLT)

 

Twenty-six years ago, I stood in front of a church full of people and vowed to love only my husband for the rest of my life. 
And oh, what a life it has been. 
We have lived in three states, raised three children, had boats, motorcycles and an RV and countless adventures, each one better than the last. 
It might sound cheesy, but I would do it all over again, I would not want to do life without my wonderful husband. 
Randy has been my biggest cheerleader, and I have watched him succeed in things he didn’t think he would do.  
He has picked me up when I have failed, I have not ever been alone with him. 
We have curled up under many blankets when I have been cold and together, we stay warm. 
We have been attacked by litters of kittens and worn our scars proudly as we watched the now docile kittens go to their forever homes. 
We have conquered a lot, we have seen evil things, but stood up to those things together. 
He and his family showed me that there is strength in numbers. 
This is us, brought together not by circumstance, but by a greater plan of an amazing Father. 
He sure knew what He was doing when He made you for me. 
Happy anniversary, my love.  

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...