Monday, September 5, 2022

Labor Day

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.

- Colossians 3:23 (NIV)

 

This verse seems to be appropriate for Labor Day, and yes, I have used it before and that is ok because just like God repeats things in the Bible (do not fear is in there 365 times!) I feel like sometimes we need to hear things multiple times to process and retain them.

We need rest, that is also something that is mentioned multiple times in the Bible (257 times).  

Rest is definitely important, but so is our work.

I credit my daddy for my work ethic, I’ve been working since I could get a permit at age 14.

I have had multiple jobs in many industries, but one thing seemed consistent in all of them: I was only happy and satisfied with my job when I worked with my heart.

If my heart isn’t in it, I don’t do tasks well and it really shows.

When we do things with our whole heart we are serving and honoring God.

When we smile, when we hold the door for someone, when we encourage others, when we pray for others, we need to do these things with our whole heart.

If you look at your work, no matter how mundane or menial, as a task given to you by the Lord, you will see your perspective change.

You might not care much for your human boss, they are only human, but when you work for the Lord, you have the best boss ever!

We were made to serve God and our reward is a life eternal with Him and that is better than any paycheck.  

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...