Wednesday, September 7, 2022

gathering

They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

- Acts 2:42 (NIV)

 

I look forward to Wednesdays in the fall, winter, and spring because after work I get to go to a friend’s house where several of us meet to eat a meal and study the Bible.

No matter what is going on in the world around me, Wednesday is my chance to be with people that won’t judge me, that will pray with me and for me no matter what I am going through. 
It isn’t just me, I have spent many Wednesday nights listening to the troubles that others are facing and praying with them, for them.

Yes, we can and absolutely should read the Bible alone, we can do online Bible studies whenever it is convenient, but there is just something about sharing a meal and discussing God’s word with friends. 

I have learned so much about the Bible, about God and I have made everlasting friendships from these small group meetings.

God sure knew what he was doing when He put direction in the Bible to gather together.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...