Monday, September 12, 2022

consolation

When I said, “My foot is slipping,” Your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought me joy.

- Psalm 94:18-19 (NIV)

 

Yesterday marked 21 years since the attack on American soil and 30 years since the senseless death of my little brother.

There are many days in the year that I feel “my foot slipping” and yesterday is one of them.

While I did not personally lose anyone in the tragedy of 9/11/2001, I know people that did.

I know that people had survivor’s guilt.

I know people that lost family members in the days and years following that horrific day in American history.

I think many of us feel our foot slipping when we walk through memories.

We are not alone we have a great Father to hold us. 
Song reference! 
When the best of me is barely breathin'

When I'm not somebody I believe in

Hold on to me

When I miss the light the night has stolen

When I'm slammin' all the doors You've opened

Hold on to me

Hold on to me

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You

When I am sure I have reached the end

Hold on to me when I forget I need You

When I let go, hold me again

When I don't feel like I'm worth defending

When I'm tired of all my pretending

Hold on to me

When I start to break in desperation

Underneath the weight of expectation

Hold on to me

Hold on to me

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You (I'll hold on)

When I am sure I have reached the end

Hold on to me when I forget I need You (I'll hold on)

When I let go, hold me again

I could rest here in Your arms forever

'Cause I know nobody loves me better

Hold on to me

Hold on to me

The consolation we can find in the arms of the Father is real and it will bring us joy.

His unfailing love will always be there for us.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...