Friday, September 30, 2022

just do

Treat people the same way you want them to treat you.

- Luke 6:31 (NASB)

 

Ahhhhh, the Golden Rule.

Many people also refer to the “Platinum Rule” which is to treat others better than they expect to be treated, or better than you want to be treated.

Regardless of the wording the bottom line is that we are directed by God to be nice to each other. (yes, we are.)

Sometimes I struggle with this because I don’t like it when people lie, I don’t like people that use others, and I don’t like people who are fake.

I find it difficult at best to be nice to people who are blatantly rude or disrespectful to others.

So, this is where I have to turn to God to help me. . .  I really could add another verse here, or a song reference (why not?).

Psalm 121 said it first and Casting Crowns put it to music:

I lift my eyes unto the hills

Where does my help come from

My help comes from the Lord,

The maker of heaven and earth

Do to others as you would have them do to you, and if you don’t think you can, you better ask for God’s help!

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...