Thursday, September 1, 2022

comfort

What a wonderful God we have—he is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials. And why does he do this? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us.

- 2 Corinthians 1:4 (TLB)

 

I don’t know about you, but when I am sad or hurt, I seek comfort.

Sometimes that comfort is in chocolate, sometimes I need to snuggle with one of the cats and sometimes I find comfort in my husband or a trusted friend.

How are they able to comfort me?

Because they have been comforted (yes, even the cats but maybe not so much the chocolate!)

The One who opens His arms and lets us run to Him when we need Him, He has given us the gift of compassion so just as He loves and comforts us, we can love and comfort each other.

I am thankful that I have been loved allowing me to love others.

So listen, if you need something, call me.

I can bring a shoulder, an ear, and maybe a cat or chocolate.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...