Thursday, September 8, 2022

it takes practice

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

- Philippians 4:9 (NIV)

 

We are taught at a very young age to practice, practice makes perfect after all.

I was out last week and overheard a conversation a woman was having with another woman in the presence of their children. 
I won’t repeat what was said but it was heartbreaking because the children were hanging on every word, and she was definitely not teaching love for specific ethnicities and respect for certain public figures.

We teach our children everything we can about life, etiquette, manners, behavior, and faith.

I really like the acrostic poem “THINK”

T – is it true?

H – is it helpful?

I – is it inspirational?

N – is it necessary?

K – is it kind?
We need to consider if we are hurting others when we say things, are our words setting false expectations?  
Ladies, what if you were told your whole life that you could not do something because you are female (it still happens)?

What if we are taught that we will never be able to ____________ (insert accomplishment) because we are _____________ (insert perceived shortcoming).

Or what if we break all barriers and listen to God, who tells us that we are His children, and we can do ALL things through Him.

Be careful what you say, you don’t know who is listening.

Put into practice the teachings we have in the Bible, and we might see a more peaceful world.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...